– Hi, thanks for your time. What are you currently up to? How is everything doing right now with KILL?
Hailz! Well personally i´m just about to move into a new flat so everything is quite messy around me. But with KILL its going good and straight forward. We just recorded a few tracks that hopefully will be out soon. Meanwhile we plan to do more gigs.
– Over a year ago you released your latest album so far, «Burning Blood». How did that album work? Now that it has been a while since it came out, is there anything you would like to change on it or have done differently?
Burning blood is what i intended with KILL from the beginning. It only took me 15 years to acchive it, well that and numerous line up changes. The only things that i would change if i could is the long times it took to first release the cd and that extremely long time it took to get the vinyl out.
– In some way this «Burning Blood» saw KILL going back to their roots, to a rawer sound. Was this how you envisioned the album since the beginning or did you just let things flow naturally?
Like i said, burning blood was my vision from when i starded the band. Its raw primitive black fucking metal. Still after 16 years there is no compromise in the music. We are here the destroy this planet and every living thing on it.
– Anyway I could say on this album you have mixed all the elements you have used throughout your career, combining Doom parts with Thrash elements, aggressive with melody and certain catchy moments, etc. Is always room to keep on shaping your very own essence?
Yeah we do mix all of the above which i think always has been the style of black metal we choose to do. I can say that now when Voltage and Warslaughter does most of the composing of new tracks and i concentrate on doing untight drums its perfect. The next album will be more ugly and raw. Thought we dont have that many tracks ready i know that fans of our entire back catalog wont be dissapointed. Satan has spoken. It has begun.
– All this helped creating a really diverse and, therefore, enjoyable final outcome. Is diversity something you strive for?
Not really. We do what we always has done. We do an album that we enjoy to listen to. Diverse or not.
– Once more you got a superb production sound, really raw, dark and filthy. Would you mind to tell us how did you work on the production and recording process?
We found an engineer that now exactly what we want it to sound. He actually helped us with the mixing on our first album Horned Holocaust. Now he has his own studio, so i contacted him and booked 5 days. We will defiently use that studio when we record album number 5. the biggest difference is that its a digital studio. And our first 2 albums are recorded analog. At first we thought that digital would destroy our sound but with this engineer it was better than our analog albums. Of course analog recordings are more real than any digital recording, but still we got the exact sound we wanted.
– Besides from the musical content; what are some of the main lyrical ideas covered on «Burning Blood»?
As on any KILL album its abouth death, destruction and the glorification of Satan. No compromise there.
– And what could you comment on the cover artwork (its meaning, how did you work on it, the artist, etc.)?
A chalice of Burning Blood. What more is there to say? Our friend Daniel coruera made it after our instructions and we got the result we wanted.
– All this about «Burning Blood» being said; how could you describe it in just 3 words?
Necro black metal.
– That’s all, thank you once more for answering our questions. If you want to add some final words; feel free to do it.
Thanx for the interview and support towards KILL. We have to releases out in a near future. A split ep with the mighty SLAUGTHBBATH. And a 7 inch on Amor Fati productions. Also we intend to play live in a city near you all soon