– Hello, thanks for your time. What is the band currently up to? How are your feelings on your new album, “Riot Avenue”?
Edd: No problem! Right now we’ve just released our third album «Riot Avenue» It seems that people like it so it feels very good.. Especially when we managed to get our kind of sound, we certainly nailed it in that way
– This will be your third album, so I guess there still may be some people who aren’t aware of the band so, for all of them, could you please share some history of the band?
Edd: Yeah well, Crazy Lixx was formed in 2002 by Danny rexon but have been a signed band since 2007 with the debut «Loud Minority» Back then Vic Zino was the guitarplayer (now in Hardcore Superstar) Vic Zino left the band in 2007 and got replaced by Andy Dawson. They recorded «New Religion» in 2010. I joined right after «New Religion» was released.
– “Riot Avenue” is a quite strong album name, does it represent the music on it? As this record sounds heavier, specially on guitars.
Edd: On this album we wanted the «Post-apocalyptic» feel to it as you can see on the albumcover.»Riot Avenue» as an albumtitle does not represent the songs per se. We wanted to have a dirty album cover that represents the whole sound of the record.
– In fact is an album quite different to your previous ones. Is what we find on “Riot Avenue” the actual CRAZY LIXX’s identity?
Edd: Yeah, I would say so, yes. We did the whole recordingprocess by ourself (with help from others of course) So in that way we could do it just the way we wanted it to be/sound.
– This being said; how could you describe your new opus in just 3 words?
Edd: Old-school, dirty and raw.
– This time the band itself has taken production duties, we could say this time around you’ve shown a truly DYI attitude. Has this given you more freedom and getting the result you wanted or maybe more pressure?
Edd: Yeah as I said before it has given us much freedom and a big oppurtunity for us to do it the way we wanted it. Actually it wasn’t any pressure in a sense that it was a pain in the ass. We are very satisfied with the result..
– There have lately been some important changes on your line-up, did this affect the songwriting process in any way?
Edd: Yeah a bit.. I think since I came along there have been alot of focus writing twinguitar solos and stuff. So it’s pretty cool I guess.
– Those changes are Joel and Loke’s departure (they have recorded the album though). What are the reasons of their departure?
Edd: They just didn’t feel like doing it anymore. As simple as that!
– Due to this you are now looking for new members. What does a musician need to be part of CRAZY LIXX?
Edd: A good guy, good musician.. You know. A rocker!
– And finally, what are your near-future plans? Will you be supporting “Riot Avenue” on stage?
Edd: If we will play «Riot Avenue» songs on stage? Hell yeah of course we will.There will be a whole new show for you guys.
– That’s all from my side, thanks again for taking your time to answer our questions. If you now want to add some final words; feel free to do it.