GROSS GROLLAND (Eng.)
1. Hello, thanks for answering to our questions. What are you guys currently up to?
It is almost winter, and that is rough in our parts. But this also provides us with extra time to build new material.
2. First off, could you make some history of the band?
The story and history of GROSS GROLLAND goes back to 1995. Being difficult to draw an outline, try to imagine a living organism. Sometimes it is well, sometimes it felt sick; at times it lost its organs; it even mutated. But each time it gathered its powers and gained fresh blood. Finally all is well and we’re in good shape.
3. How could you describe your sound?
4. What are the band’s main musical influences?
Something unkind but merry.
5. How is the feedback for your new album being?
It is always interesting to know what people think of what you’re doing. By now we have received opinions from Russia, Ukraine and other neighbouring countries; from England, France, Italy, Belgium, well – from all parts of Europe; from Turkey; even from the other side of the globe! We consider them all. But to be unhonest with ourselves, to change ourselves to fit all kinds of ‘opinions’ – HELL NO!!!
6. And are your personally satisfied with the final outcome?
7. How could you describe this opus in just 3 words?
«Raw fucking meat».
8. How has the production process for your new release been?
It is kinda too early to say. But we are watching this process with our fingers crossed and can for sure say the things are going in the right direction.
9. And how do you use to work on the songwriting?
Now this should be interesting. From its very conception GROSS GROLLAND were very co-operative in making the music. We’ve heard people say we have millions of ideas in each and wevery song; well, you should know that’s because every member of the band contributes to the material. You grasp something at night or at work; then you come to rehearse, and your ideas and feelings are consumed, digested, shapeshifted and merged with others’. The music of GROSS GROLLAND is our mutual DNA.
10. Finally, what are you near-future plans?
Do you mean before, or after the Doomsday?
11. That’s all from our side, thanks again for taking your time to answer our questions. If you now want to add some final words; feel free to do it.
Thanks for your interest in our music. On our part, we promise that if you have heard only one album of GROSS GROLLAND, you haven’t heard all of it. In every other work of ours you will find something new.