– First off, thank you so much for answering our interview. To start with I would like you to tell us a how is the band currently doing.
Everyone is doing well and looking forward to touring in support of Lillie.
– This year you will release a new album entitled “Lillie: F-65”. Tell us a bit how was its process, what meaning does it hold and how did you come up with the idea of such a wonderful cover artwork.
The artwork was done by the Season of Mist art dept. ,based on an idea from myself and a local New Orleans tattooist , Jordan Barlow. The album is a journey through an addicts mind. It has many hidden meanings for people to decipher on their own. The actual recording process was different because we all live very far apart , so a regular rehearsal schedule is not possible. Once we got together everything fell into place very well.
– This opus is 100% pure SAINT VITUS. I think is a masterpiece and it has a really old school sound to it; was this what you wanted after so many years without having any studio activity? I mean, following the same path where you started, taking things from where you left off.
Yes, I wanted it to sound “modern” without losing the original Vitus vibe. Hopefully it will appeal to old and new fans alike. We were not about to put out something that did not sound like Saint Vitus, that would make no sense.
– What happened during all these years without having any news from the band and how did you gave birth to the band’s comeback?
While we were not around , Mark Adams Armando Acosta, and myself just worked our normal everyday jobs. Wino was of course busy with his many bands. In 2002 my band Debris inc. played some Vitus songs at the Waken Open Air fest in Germany , and the response was very good, so the next year we set up the first official reunion shows, one in Chicago Ill. And the other in Germany at the With Full Force fest. This was supposed to be a one time thing, until in 2009 we were asked to do the Roadburn fest in Holland which led to Frances’ Hellfest later that year. That’s when we decided to try a full reunion tour.
– Coming back to the record; how is the tours or festivals situation? Do you already have something booked?
We are doing some European summer festivals ..Hellfest – Devil Side – Tuska Open Air – Stoned from the Underground – Fusion – Sweden Rock , also two U.S. ones , Maryland Deathfest and Chaos in Tejas. Then in the fall/winter we plan to do a full U.S./European tour playing as many places as we can.
– And finally, as we are only allowed to send 6 questions; I would like to know what are the albums have been the most important influences for the band. I would also like to wish you the best luck and see you touring Spain. Lots of thanks.
Well for me the albums would be …the entire catalogs of Black Sabbath , The Alice Cooper Group, The Monkees , Blue Cheer , Jethro Tull , Witchfinder General . Candlemass , Blue Oyster Cult , Discharge ,Dead Kennedys ,Black Flag ,Germs ,Fear , Circle Jerks, Grand Funk Railroad, and Black Oak Arkansas. Thanks to all who support Doom and Saint Vitus, we hope you dig Lillie, and we’ll se you on tour.