– Hi, thanks for your time. What are you currently up to? How is everything doing right now with MACBETH?
Hello !!! Yesterday we played our releaseshow in a sold-out club !!! It was a full success for the band and we hope that everything will continue this way !!!
– First off, as I guess some people won’t know about you yet; could you please share some history of the band?
The band still exists since 1985. In 1986, MACBETH became forbidden by east-german departure of culture and reformed and continued under the name CAIMAN. After two members comitted suicide, the band made a break of around ten years, but in 2004 we decided to return with a different line up. Now we have released our third album since the rebirth !!!
– You have just released your new album, «Wiedergänger». What are your expectations on it? How are the first reactions being?
We are very happy with the album and we hope that it will find some new listeners !!! More than 90 percent of the previous reviews are more than just positive and this feels very good to us !!!
– What’s the main concept or some of the lyrical ideas covered on this CD?
We find our ideas in books, movies or the daily newspapers or newscast. Our stories tell about the spiritual abyss of mankind.
– After giving the record some spins I could say is more mature and solid than your two previous releases so, did you consciously try to surpass your previous albums or is this just a result of the experience?
The new album is the consequent continuation of our musical and lyrical way. Of course, we developed our style further and now the entire thing sounds much more compact.
– You are still mixing influences from different music styles such as Heavy, Thrash or Speed but, what have been some of the most influential bands for MACBETH throughout all these years of musical careers?
When we were young, we listened to bands like Black Sabbath, Accept or Judas Priest and they were (and still are) a very big influence to our own music. Certainly we are also listening to some new stuff, but the bands mentioned before are the most important to us.
– Lyrics in German seem to fit perfectly your music but, have you ever considered singing in English to reach more people?
For us it is the best and easiest way to write and perform our lyrics in german, cause it is our mother tongue. Bands like Rammstein for example show us that you can become very successful with german lyrics.
– Again this record was produced by Patrick W. Engel, and it has got a really nice sound. Why does working with him also provide such a good final result?
We are very good friends and Patrick was also a member for some years. In a mental way, he is always a part of the band. He knows exactly how we should sound and working with him is always a great pleasure – the result is a great album !!!
– All this about «Wiedergänger» being said; how could you describe it in just 3 words?
Dark, powerful, brutal !!!
– And finally, what are your near-future plans?
First we will play some gigs to promote the album and for spring 2013, we are planning to play a little tour.
– That’s all, thank you once more for answering our questions. If you want to add some final words; feel free to do it.
Thank you very much for your interest and we hope to rock the stages in your country soon !!