DEATH TYRANT (Eng.)
– Hello, lots of thanks for answering our interview. How is everything going into the DEATH TYRANT’s camp right now?
Excellent really, we are working with new material along with perfecting our setlist so everyone can be satisfied when we perform on stage.
– First off, as you are a pretty new band; could yo please share some history of the band?
I don’t think there is very much to say, we have played together now for several years although we didn’t want to perform live till the time we were ready. We searched for a lead vocalist for months, even years. Thomas didn’t want to sing, he wants to focus fully on his guitarplaying and everyone agreed. However the band started when Joakim and Thomas played together in a death metal band called The Cold Existence, one day after a rehearsal they decided to make their own project (restless as they are). While driving home we called Anders and Dennis and we got a new full band in matter of minutes. Joakim and Thomas crafted some songs before Anders and Dennis jumped on the train.
– I guess most people will always compare you to LORD BELIAL due to obvious reasons but, how do you feel about it?
We have no problem with that.
– Due to this, how could you describe your music and what differences DEATH TYRANT from LORD BELIAL?
The idea of Death Tyrant was to take the most brutal material which could not be produced by Lord Belial and make it our own. A lot of experimental riffs have been made and you can hear this in terms of speed, atmosphere and execution.
– You have just released your first full-length album, entitled «Opus de Tyranis». How is everything working with it? And, are you personally satisfied with the final outcome?
Yeah, we are satisfied with the results. However we are all perfectionists, we had a really hard time letting the mix and mastering go. But there is a time when you have to put your foot down and let it go. Otherwise it’s really easy to either get stuck or making a new mix.
– After giving the record some spins, it seems like one of its strongest points and something really important on it are the melodies, specially guitar melodies. What kind of role does melody play on your music? Could you say is a good way to create more contrasts blended with your brutality?
Yes, melodies play a huge part on our music. It’s all about atmosphere and telling our story with music.
– In fact there are several epic moments too, is epicness something you strive for or do you just let things flow naturally?
We want to create unique moments in the music, or the epicness which you refer to. Things does not always flow naturally, we have to breakdown of what we want to deliver and how we can deliver it. It’s a long process.
– And, as with LORD BELIAL, you also have really strong atmospheres. Is there anything you want to convey with them?
For us atmosphere is everything in music, without atmoshpere the music is really hard to take in.
– Production-wise you have had a pretty clear sound. Would you mind to tell us how was the whole production process?
We wanted all instrument to have a place which lead us to the sound we have on the album. We felt that a clear sound was the way to go for delivering our type of music.
– On the other hand, what do some of the lyrics on this effort deal with?
They often follow a chronological flow of events that tell tales of mythological themes, which in turn expresses subjects too primal to be conveyed by thought.
– And are they connected to the cover artwork? What did you want to depict on it?
All lyrics aren’t connected to the cover per se, however does it relate to many elements of the lyrical aspects of the album, such as rising death and evil, megalomania etc. The cover depicts the rise of the Death Tyrant – dealing death, consuming souls, enslaving humanity.
– And finally, what are your near-future plans?
As mentioned at the very beginning of the interview, we are working hard with perfecting our setlist, giving the audience a perfect gig.
– That’s all, thank you once more for answering our questions. If you want to add some final words; feel free to do it.
We want to play in Spain, if anyone are interested be sure to contact us and we will see if we can come over and play some gigs!